Nowadays, companies regularly engage with, operate and leverage data. While digital transformation is essential, with the right technology and a cohesive platform companies can convert their business from just a ‘growing’ to a ‘successful’ enterprise.
Discovery Hub® from TimeXtender is the next generation of data management platform, simplifying and automating the implementation and operation of your entire data estate.
Discovery Hub offers 4 key benefits that can help you in the implementation of your data journey.
“You have a control interface with user access control, and you can easily set up security rights too. This allows us to utilize new resources relatively quickly.” - Peter Hansen, Manager and Global BI Architect, Pandora
Security and Compliance
In the European Union, any organization that stores and manages data must comply with GDPR. Privacy regulation is also enforced in a number of other countries around the world. The Discovery Hub platform is designed to support the “data protection by design and by default” environment encouraged under the GDPR legislation.
To maintain your customers’ privacy, GDPR requires you to document:
- What data you hold
- Where you hold it
- What it is used for
- Who has access to it
Discovery Hub helps you document compliance with:
- Automated documentation: The self-service, automated architecture allows users to access the data they need, without compromising on data security.
- Traceability: Data lineage and impact analysis allow you to see the source of the data point and the effects that any change will have.
- Security: Quickly and easily anonymize any personally identifiable data, while still using it to provide actionable insights for your business.
- Aggregation: Easily search for, gather and present data from diverse systems and platforms.
Time and cost savings
At TimeXtender, we believe that time matters. That’s why we want companies to access agile, trustworthy data whenever they want it. While other approaches require a mix of tools and vendors for data scripting, data preparation and blending, Discovery Hub® is an integrated agile platform that saves both time and money.
- Powerful automation: It provides a faster, easier and more accurate means to access, model and govern your data.
- Meta-driven approach: For your data to be accessible and scalable without an additional IT burden, it is important to operate at a metadata level.
- Full control: Save time and turn complex data into valuable information without coding.
- Time and cost-efficient: Get results that are ten times faster than traditional methods, meaning 70% reduction in build costs and up to 80% reduction in maintenance costs.
Discovery Hub improves efficiency in acquiring and utilizing your company’s data by employing a flexible, information-focused data management platform.
- Rapid installation: Offers safe and streamlined data management that helps companies optimize their output.
- Fully integrated: Caters to the whole value chain in the information process – from connecting to the data silos to transforming the data into semantic business models that can be easily accessed by BI tools.
- One automated platform: Provides a cohesive platform across both on-premises technology and Azure services, eliminating the need to manually stitch together tools for ETL, data modeling, code management etc.
Discovery Hub can help you on a transformative data journey to the cloud, adding an extra level of security and assurance.
- Semantic layer: Governed models are defined once, and then automatically used to deliver data in the right form and context to Power BI, Tableau or Qlik.
- Data Lineage: If you find yourself questioning a figure in a report, you can use the data lineage feature to trace that number back to its origin by simply clicking on the data point.
- Microsoft Azure: Building an information data estate using Discovery Hub and Azure SQL Database Managed Instance gives you a solid foundation for any use case and data scenario from core analytics to deep learning and beyond.