For several years, we’ve been bringing you industry news, thought leadership and data insights on the Data Notes blog. And we will continue to do so. But this is just one part of the TimeXtender story. So we’ve decided to expand the blog to several categories of interest. In addition to bringing you information about data discovery and science trends and insights, we’re also introducing four new blog categories:
- Success stories is where our customers and partners share the details of their BI challenges and how they overcame them.
- Product information is a new space for our customer success team to share their tips and tricks for getting the most out of Discovery Hub, including tips and tricks, how-to videos and answers to the most frequently asked questions
- Out and about is a more personal approach to our busy event calendar. We’ll announce which events and seminars we’ll be sponsoring or attending and journal the events as well as what we learn from them.
- Mindfulness This category is very near and dear to our DNA and culture and to my own heart, so let’s talk about that some more.
A word about mindfulness
What mindfulness does is to remind us that we are people doing business with people. We live in such a stressful world and do so many things in the course of the day that our minds can’t keep up. That’s why, at TimeXtender, we take time during the course of our busy day to practice mindfulness. Our mindfulness program is comprised of:
- Recharge Weekly sessions to get in touch with one’s mind and body
- Seven Habits Following the Seven Habits of Highly Effective People philosophy
- Mindfulness Team yoga, relaxation, meditation and breathing breaks
- Minute of silence We start every meeting with a minute of silence to clear our minds and connect with the importance of time and how we choose to spend it.
- Core beliefs and core purpose We focus on what matters most because a sense of direction and purpose is key to find balance and make timely and right decisions.
We’ve received so much positive feedback on our mindfulness practices that we are launching this mindfulness blog category so that we can share these practices with you. We believe wholeheartedly that we are what we give, so we thought we’d put that into practice and share our most successful mindfulness practices and insights with you in the hopes that you can benefit from them as well. Take a ride on the karma bus, as it were!
What will we be blogging about?
In addition to mindfulness, we’ll be using the mindfulness blog category to write about related topics, such as:
- Putting the Seven Habits of Highly Effective People philosophy into practice
- Increasing compassion and kindness
- Applying the laws of karma in a non-religious way in the workplace
- Connecting with others in meaningful ways
- Meditation tips and techniques
- Increasing happiness and decreasing stress
Meet the bloggers
The TimeXtender DNA and Culture team is hard at work creating content that we hope you will love and find useful and thought-provoking. You’ll be hearing from me as TimeXtender's Chief DNA and Culture Officer as well as Jaime Mathis, who guides our weekly meditations and mindfulness sessions and Pernille Marx, our fearless communicator on the DNA and Culture team.Moving forward, we’d love to hear feedback on what posts you like and put into practice as well as what you’d like to see more of. For now, we invite you to hop on board the karma bus and enjoy the ride!