As it typically does, the summer came and went swiftly, but left our X-People with a perfect opportunity to recharge and prepare for a full schedule of Fall travel. The second half of the year often proves to be a heavy travel time for most business professionals, and Team TimeXtender is no exception.
Though it can be taxing – both mentally and physically – travelling gives us the opportunity to forge stronger connections with those in and outside of our industry. It allows us to be put face-to-face with some of our mentors, mentees, partners and customers, ultimately maximizing our relationships and influence.
When we are out in the field, we can put our finger on the pulse and “Sharpen our Saw”, to build momentum and tap further into the pains and wins happening in our community.
That is why we regard ourselves as extremely fortunate to be participating in some dynamic and diverse events over the next few months, and we wanted to share all the conferences and events we will be attending and participating in.
First, let’s provide a quick recap of some of the inspiring events we were able to partake in over the past few months:
Microsoft Inspire in Las Vegas, Nevada (July 16-19th):
Our participation in the Microsoft Inspire 2018 conference was one for the books. The 4-day event gave us the opportunity to showcase our new partnership with Microsoft while connecting and reconnecting with those in the Microsoft Partner Community.
Among many things, the expansive conference gave our TimeXtender team the chance to learn and share with partners from all over the world, as well as:
- Discuss emerging AI technologies and the ethics surrounding its use, namely: fairness, reliability, security, transparency and accountability
- Hear from Corporate Vice President for Intelligent Cloud, Keith White, as he took us through the strategic direction for 2019 as well as areas of investments
- Present our Discovery Hub platform to a select group of AI Microsoft partners
- Discuss best practices and goals for digital platform modernization
- Highlight some of our newest partnerships from the Microsoft sphere, like that of 2017 Microsoft Partner of the Year, Neal Analytics and leader of business data optimization, Axis Group.
PowerBI World Tour Australia - Melbourne & Sydney (August 21-22nd & 28-29th)
- Our TimeXtender team traveled "Down Under" to Australia to participate in two PowerBI World Tour events this summer! During these two sessions, our TimeXtender representatives provided premium PowerBI insight, namely how our Discovery Hub® platform can make life much easier for PowerBI developers by featuring that automate and simplify data management. Both events gave us an amazing opportunity to tap speak more with PowerBI consultants and developers and hear about their data needs and wishes.
PowerBI World Tour Copenhagen (September 11-12th)
- At this event, members of our Sales and Solution Specialist team took a short trip to Copenhagen to present on how our future-proof, automated analytics platform can boost businesses’ PowerBI tools. Our Solutions Specialist held a session showing how one can accelerate their data architecture, business intelligence and analytics projects significantly on a single platform on top of SQL server technology, being on-premise or Azure cloud. We were thrilled to participate in this event as it is the only conference in the Benelux area that addresses every aspect of data management.
Microsoft US Digital Transformation Academy in Las Vegas, Nevada (September 12-14th)
- TimeXtender's North America Regional Director, Roberto Leiton and Partner Sales Manager, Rick Eason had the extremely exciting opportunity to attend this Microsoft dedicated event where we received a wealth of information on building Microsoft Partner and Seller relationships, developing effective verticals and driving actionable customer and territory engagement planning. This 2 1/2 day event gave us imperative insight on maximizing our Microsoft partnership and enhancing our engagement with our target audience and customers.
If you think we are slowing down after the summer, think again!
Now for the future TimeXtender travel and exciting upcoming events we will be attending soon:
Big Data Expo- Netherlands (September 19-20th)
- We engaged fully charged at this year's Big Data Expo in Utrecht, Netherlands. Our CEO, Heine Krog Iversen hosted a presentation with one of our amazing customers Raet – represented by Steven Koppenol – where they spoke on the war on data & AI talent as well as showcased a powerful implementation project they completed together. Additionally, TimeXtender attended the conference with our partners, FourPoints and Ilionx who joined us at our booth and allowed us to speak with handfuls of interested professionals.
Microsoft Ignite in Orlando, Florida (September 24-28th)
- TimeXtender was honored to attend our second Microsoft conference of the year, where we gained the latest insights from leaders in the technology sector. TimeXtender was represented in the Data & AI Technical Keynote and our own Global Alliance Lead, Dan Erasmus spoke on the details of migration to Azure DB MI along with our customer Komatsu, represented by Nipun Sharma, Analytics Architect for Business Technology and Systems.
Big Data World Frankfurt (November 7th)
- TimeXtender will be attending this one-day event in Frankfurt with partner, Digital Ratio. Together, Wolfram Greiner – Managing Director at Digital Ratio – and our CEO, Heine Krog Iversen will be hosting the session, “Unleash Your Data: Transform from a patchwork of tools to a single-automated data architecture platform with TimeXtender”. If you will be attending this event, make sure to stop by our co-led booth to speak more with Wolfram and Heine about how you can simplify and automate your data transformation. (Booth number will be updated closer to event)
Microsoft Tech Summit Roadshow (November 13th)
- The new, inspirational and technical learning event hosted by Microsoft, brings all professionals in the IT industry together to evolve their skills, deepen their expertise and gain valuable insight from thought leaders and specialists. TimeXtender will participate in this dynamic event as a sponsor and will also host a booth space as a Microsoft Partner. We are very excited to share our experience and knowledge with IT decision-makers, developers and ITPros alike.
Big Data London (November 13-14th)
- Along with our partner and business intelligence firm, Touchstone, TimeXtender will be attending the Big Data London conference we will be afforded the opportunity to share our knowledge of the field while hearing from over 130 expert speakers in 8 diverse technical and business tracks. Touchstone and TimeXtender can be found at booth #345 and we look forward to connecting with professionals looking to build effective, data-driven businesses.
Though we enjoy simplifying, automating and executing what we can from our office space, being able to get out into the field and share our wins, fails and learnings with our community is what really gets our juices flowing.
The TimeXtender team is ready to connect, communicate and collaborate with the incredibly talented BI, data analytics and business professionals all around the world. Are you?
Follow TimeXtender on our various social media platforms (links at the top of this post) to stay up-to-date on our travels, conference schedule, and you can always find a full list of upcoming events on our TimeXtender event page.